Mouth-Watering Chicken Biryani: How To Make It?
Rice is one of the most popular crops in the world. The top three producers of rice in the world are Thailand, India and China. But, rice is grown in all parts of the world, if the environmental conditions are permissible. A fertile land, a good amount of rain and top quality seeds are the three key elements that are required to produce the best rice crop. Rice can be used in a variety of dishes, but there is one thing that remains static, i.e., the flavour that is provided by rice. Out of all the species of rice, the best one is called the ‘basmati rice’. You will be surprised to know how much fragrance and flavour ‘basmati rice’ has.
As far as the production of basmati rice is concerned, then it is grown in the entire North-Indian region that consists of Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh and Bihar. It is also grown in the Pakistani Punjab region, as it is equally fertile and suitable for the production of Basmati rice. A famous rice dish is cooked with the Basmati rice, i.e., ‘Biryani’. Some call it Biryani while some denote it as ‘Pulao’. There are many ingredients that are included in Biryani, but when it comes to the best Biryani dish, then it has to be the ‘Chicken Biryani’. It can be made easily and it also tastes extremely superb. Let us take a look how this dish is prepared.
- One Kg Basmati Rice
- One Kg Chicken (bone or boneless)
- Two small cups of Oil
- Half Kg Yogurt that is properly beaten
- Four green Cardamom
- Four sliced Onions
- Ginger & Garlic Paste
- Six cloves
- Two Chopped Red Tomatoes
- Four Green Chilies
- One tablespoon of Black pepper Powder
- Hand full of Coriander & Mint
- Four Cinnamon Sticks
- One tablespoon of salt
How to cook?
- You have to properly wash the rice and soak it in the water for a few minutes before putting them into the wok or the pressure cooker.
- Once the rice is properly soaked, then you have to put two cups of oil, sliced onions and all the spices. Cook till the onions get golden brown in color.
- Now, you have to the add paste of ginger and garlic in order to enhance the flavors.
- After the paste is properly mixed, then you have to add the chicken pieces and cook them.
- After the chicken gets tender, you have to put chopped tomatoes and beaten yoghurt in the same wok and cook until the tomatoes gets softer.
- In the next step, you have to add black pepper, salt, mint, coriander and chillies in the pot and cook.
- Now, it’s time to cook the rice, which is done with the filling of the pot with water. After that, add salt, cloves, cardamom and cinnamon in the water.
- Now, add the soaked rice in the pot and boil them with twice the water. Check the pot after 5-10 minutes because you don’t want the rice to stick at the bottom. Once the rice is boiled, remove all the water and mix the chicken gravy with the chicken.
- Cook the mixture of chicken and rice for 10-15 minutes and that’s it.
The rice chicken biryani is ready. You can now serve it to your family members and/or friends.